Tudor TUDOR Black Bay P01
THB ฿ 153,600 *
The Black Bay P01 – which stands for prototype 1 – is a watch based on a legendary prototype developed in the late 1960s and proposed to the US Navy. It reflects the exploratory nature of the project, a cross between a divers’ watch and a sailing watch. The Black Bay P01 lifts the veil on a little-known aspect of TUDOR’s history, with its unique aesthetic brought to life and mass-produced 50 years later.
- Description 42mm steel case, Brown leather strap
- Case 42mm 316L steel case with satin finish
- Bezel 60-notch, 12-hour graduated steel bidirectional rotating bezel with stop system for the bidirectional rotating bezel via a mobile end-link at 12 o'clock
- Movement Manufacture Calibre MT5612 (COSC) Self-winding mechanical movement with bidirectional rotor system
- Dial Black, domed
- Screw-down steel winding crown at 4 o'clock, with the TUDOR logo in relief
- Crystal Domed sapphire crystal
- Waterproofness Waterproof to 200m (660 ft)
- Bracelet Brown leather strap with folding clasp
In 1967, Tudor began development of a new watch for the American government and this resulted in the production of prototypes, as well as a patent for a hitherto unseen function. The Tudor Black Bay P01 model (which stands for prototype 1) is inspired by a prototype developed as part of this study and kept in the brand’s archives, only to have its unique aesthetic brought to life in 2019.
Equipped with the Manufacture Calibre MT5612, the Black Bay P01 model displays the hours, minutes, seconds and date. Together with a non-magnetic silicon balance spring and a 70-hour power reserve, the Calibre MT5612 is certified as a chronometer by the Official Swiss Chronometer Testing Institute. Its accompanying strap is a rubber base with "snowflake" motif on its back, finished with a brown leather trim. For its innovative spirit, the watch was awarded the “Challenge” Prize at the 2019 Grand Prix d’ Horlogerie de Genève.
You May Also Like
* All prices are Tudor's suggested retail price inclusive of prevailing
Tudor Watch reserves the right to modify the prices and models on this website at any time.