Tudor Black Bay P01
THB ฿ 141,800 *
Equipped with the Manufacture Calibre MT5612, the Tudor Black Bay P01 model displays the hours, minutes, seconds and date. Together with a non-magnetic silicon balance spring and a 70-hour power reserve, the Calibre MT5612 is certified as a chronometer by the Official Swiss Chronometer Testing Institute. Its accompanying strap is a rubber base with “snowflake” motif on its back, finished with a brown leather trim. For its innovative spirit, the watch was awarded the “Challenge” Prize at the 2019 Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève.
- Collection Tudor Black Bay P01
- Reference Number 70150
- Description 42 mm steel case, brown leather strap
- Material steel
- Case 42 mm 316L steel case with satin finish
- Bezel 60-notch, 12-hour graduated steel bidirectional rotating bezel with stop system for the bidirectional rotating bezel via a mobile end-link at 12 o'clock
- Bracelet Hybrid leather and rubber strap with folding clasp and safety catch, entirely satin-finished
- Movement Manufacture Calibre MT5612 (COSC) Self-winding mechanical movement with bidirectional rotor system
- Dial Black, domed
- Winding Crown Screw-down steel winding crown at 4 o'clock, with the TUDOR logo
- Crystal Domed sapphire crystal
- Waterproofness Waterproof to 200 m (660 ft)
Like all other models in the Black Bay line, the P01 sports Tudor hands—known to collectors as "snowflake"—with their characteristic angular shape, which first appeared in the brand's 1969 catalogue. The sporty watch, which looks a cross between a divers' watch and a sailing watch, borrows from the concept of a hinged end-link system on a past prototype to create a stop system for the bidirectional rotating bezel via a mobile end-link at 12 o'clock. Equipped with the Manufacture Calibre MT5612, the Black Bay P01 model displays the hours, minutes, seconds and date.
In 1967, Tudor began development of a new watch for the American government and this resulted in the production of prototypes, as well as a patent for a hitherto unseen function. The Tudor Black Bay P01 model (which stands for prototype 1) is inspired by a prototype developed as part of this study and kept in the brand's archives, only to have its unique aesthetic brought to life in 2019. Its accompanying strap is a rubber base with "snowflake" motif on its back, finished with a brown leather trim. For its innovative spirit, the watch was awarded the “Challenge” Prize at the 2019 Grand Prix d' Horlogerie de Genève.
You May Also Like
* All prices are Tudor's suggested retail price inclusive of prevailing
Tudor Watch reserves the right to modify the prices and models on this website at any time.