Rolex Yacht-Master 42 Oyster, 42 mm, white gold m226659-0002
- model CaseOyster, 42 mm, white gold
- oyster ArchitectureMonobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- diameter42 mm
- material18 ct white gold
- bezelBidirectional rotatable 60-minute graduated bezel with matt black Cerachrom insert in ceramic, polished raised numerals and graduations
- winding CrownScrew-down, Triplock triple waterproofness system
- crystalScratch-resistant sapphire, Cyclops lens over the date
- water ResistanceWaterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- movementPerpetual, mechanical, self-winding
- calibre3235, Manufacture Rolex
- precision-2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- oscillatorParamagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring. High-performance Paraflex shock absorbers
- windingBidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- power ReserveApproximately 70 hours
- bracelet MaterialFlexible metal blades overmoulded with high-performance elastomer
- claspFolding Oysterlock safety clasp with Rolex Glidelock extension system
- detailsHighly legible Chromalight display with long-lasting blue luminescence
- certificationSuperlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
Bidirectional Rotatable Bezel
The Yacht-Master’s bidirectional rotatable 60-minute graduated bezel is made of precious materials. The raised polished numerals and graduations stand out clearly against a matt, sand-blasted background. This functional bezel – which allows the wearer to calculate, for example, the sailing time between two buoys – is also a key component in the model’s distinctive visual identity.
Like all Rolex Professional watches, the Yacht-Master 42 offers exceptional legibility in all circumstances, and especially in the dark, thanks to its Chromalight display. The broad hands and hour markers in simple shapes – triangles, circles, rectangles – are filled with a luminescent material emitting a long-lasting glow.
18 ct white gold
By operating its own exclusive foundry, Rolex has the unrivalled ability to cast the highest quality 18 ct gold alloys. According to the proportion of silver, copper, platinum or palladium added, different types of 18 ct gold are obtained: yellow, pink or white. They are made with only the purest metals and meticulously inspected in an in-house laboratory with state-of-the-art equipment, before the gold is formed and shaped with the same painstaking attention to quality. Rolex's commitment to excellence begins at the source.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex production capacity and, at times, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Jewelers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers.
Nam Sawang is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Jewelers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.
A new jewel shines on the surface of the sea: for the first time, the Yacht-Master 42 is available in yellow gold – an inspired and original refinement to the emblematic sailing timepiece that in no way alters its course. Rolex is presenting a new version of the Oyster Perpetual Yacht-Master 42. From now on, the nautical watch is also available in 18 ct yellow gold, after having been offered uniquely in 18 ct white gold. The new version, which, like the original model, includes a bidirectional rotatable bezel and a Cerachrom insert with a raised graduation as well as the innovative Oysterflex bracelet, benefits from an optimized Chromalight display. The hour markers and hands are filled or coated with a new luminescent material, exclusive to Rolex, that guarantees a longer-lasting intense glow. In daylight, these display elements also have a brighter white hue.