Rolex Yacht-Master II Oyster, 44 mm, Oystersteel and Everose gold m116681-0002
- model CaseOyster, 44 mm, Oystersteel and Everose gold
- oyster ArchitectureMonobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- diameter44 mm
- materialEverose Rolesor - combination of Oystersteel and Everose gold
- bezelRolex Ring Command (bidirectional 90° rotatable interacting with the movement) in gold with blue Cerachrom insert in ceramic and numerals coated in gold
- winding CrownScrew-down, Triplock triple waterproofness system
- crystalScratch-resistant sapphire
- water ResistanceWaterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- movementPerpetual, mechanical, self-winding, regatta chronograph
- calibre4161, Manufacture Rolex
- precision-2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- oscillatorParamagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring
- windingBidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- power ReserveApproximately 72 hours
- braceletOyster, flat three-piece links
- bracelet MaterialEverose Rolesor - combination of Oystersteel and Everose gold
- claspFolding Oysterlock safety clasp with Easylink 5 mm comfort extension link
- detailsHighly legible Chromalight display with long-lasting blue luminescence
- certificationSuperlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
Ring Command Bezel
Rolex achieved perfection when it turned its attention to redefining the purpose and functionality of the bezel. Typically, a bezel operates independently from the internal mechanism; however, the Ring Command bezel in the Yacht-Master II regatta chronograph operates in conjunction with it. As a mechanical component linked to the movement, the bezel literally acts as the key to the programmable countdown, allowing it to be set and synchronised to the sequence of race start times. Complex in design, but simple in use, it is functionally beautiful.
The Yacht-Master II is equipped with a new dial, and new hands that are characteristic of Rolex Professional models, enhancing legibility and sharpening its aesthetic appeal. The dial now features a triangular hour marker at 12 o’clock and a rectangular hour marker at 6 o’clock for more intuitive reading of the watch. A luminescent disc on the hour hand clearly distinguishes it from the minute hand. The Yacht-Master II’s countdown can be programmed for a duration of between 1 and 10 minutes. The programming is memorized by the mechanism so that at a reset it returns to the previous setting. Once launched, the countdown can be synchronized on the fly to match the official race countdown.
Gold is coveted for its lustre and nobility. Steel reinforces strength and reliability. Together, they harmoniously combine the best of their properties. A true Rolex signature, Rolesor has featured on Rolex models since the early 1930s, and was trademarked as a name in 1933. It is one of the prominent pillars of the Oyster collection.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex production capacity and, at times, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Jewelers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers.
Nam Sawang is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Jewelers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.
HOW TO SET YOUR YACHT-MASTER II
Synonymous with excellence and reliability, Rolex watches are designed for everyday wear, and depending on the model, perfectly suited for a wide range of sports and other activities. Built to last, these timepieces are characterized by their distinctive and timeless esthetics. The Oyster Perpetual Yacht-Master II is a unique regatta chronograph. Learn more about its features and how to set the time and, for the perfect race start, how to use the exclusive countdown function by watching the video.
A new jewel shines on the surface of the sea: for the first time, the Yacht-Master 42 is available in yellow gold – an inspired and original refinement to the emblematic sailing timepiece that in no way alters its course. Rolex is presenting a new version of the Oyster Perpetual Yacht-Master 42. From now on, the nautical watch is also available in 18 ct yellow gold, after having been offered uniquely in 18 ct white gold. The new version, which, like the original model, includes a bidirectional rotatable bezel and a Cerachrom insert with a raised graduation as well as the innovative Oysterflex bracelet, benefits from an optimized Chromalight display. The hour markers and hands are filled or coated with a new luminescent material, exclusive to Rolex, that guarantees a longer-lasting intense glow. In daylight, these display elements also have a brighter white hue.