Rolex Submariner Date Oyster, 41 mm, Oystersteel m126610lv-0002
- model CaseOyster, 41 mm, Oystersteel
- oyster ArchitectureMonobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- diameter41 mm
- bezelUnidirectional rotatable 60-minute graduated, scratch-resistant Cerachrom insert in ceramic, numerals and graduations coated in platinum
- winding CrownScrew-down, Triplock triple waterproofness system
- crystalScratch-resistant sapphire, Cyclops lens over the date
- water ResistanceWaterproof to 300 metres / 1,000 feet
- movementPerpetual, mechanical, self-winding
- calibre3235, Manufacture Rolex
- precision-2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- oscillatorParamagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring. High-performance Paraflex shock absorbers
- escapementChronergy with optimized energy efficiency
- windingBidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- power ReserveApproximately 70 hours
- braceletOyster, three-piece solid links
- bracelet MaterialOystersteel
- claspFolding Oysterlock safety clasp with Rolex Glidelock extension system
- detailsHighly legible Chromalight display with long-lasting blue luminescence
- certificationSuperlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
Unidirectional Rotatable Bezel
The Submariner's rotatable bezel is a key functionality of the watch. Its 60-minute graduations allow a diver to accurately and safely monitor diving time and decompression stops. Manufactured by Rolex from a hard, corrosion-resistant ceramic, the Cerachrom bezel insert is virtually scratchproof. A luminescent capsule on the zero marker ensures legibility, no matter how dark the environment. The bezel’s knurled edge is carefully designed to offer excellent grip under water, even with gloves.
The dial’s luminescent Chromalight display is an innovation that improved visibility in dark environments, an essential feature for divers. Hour markers in simple shapes – triangles, circles, rectangles – and broad hour and minute hands enable instant and reliable reading to prevent any risk of confusion underwater.
Rolex uses Oystersteel for its steel watch cases. Specially developed by the brand, Oystersteel belongs to the 904L steel family, alloys most commonly used in high-technology and in the aerospace and chemical industries, where maximum resistance to corrosion is essential. Oystersteel is extremely resistant, offers an exceptional finish once polished and maintains its beauty even in the harshest environments.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex production capacity and, at times, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Jewelers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers.
Nam Sawang is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Jewelers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.
HOW TO SET YOUR SUBMARINER
Launched in 1953, the Rolex Submariner is the first divers’ wristwatch to be waterproof to a depth of 100 metres (330 feet) – now 300 metres (1,000 feet). Its major features, such as the grad-uated rotatable bezel, the luminescent display, the large hands and hour markers, have been a driving force in the creation of the long line of Rolex divers’ watches which followed.
The Submariner is an iconic timepiece whose re-nown now extends beyond the professional world it was first designed for. The Submariner, the ul-timate standard.