Rolex Sky-Dweller Oyster, 42 mm, yellow gold m336938-0003
- model CaseOyster, 42 mm, yellow gold
- oyster ArchitectureMonobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- diameter42 mm
- material18 ct yellow gold
- bezelFluted, bidirectional rotatable Rolex Ring Command
- winding CrownScrew-down, Twinlock double waterproofness system
- crystalScratch-resistant sapphire, Cyclops lens over the date
- water ResistanceWaterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- movementPerpetual, mechanical, self-winding, dual time zones, annual calendar
- calibre9002, manufacture Rolex
- precision-2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- oscillatorParamagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring. High-performance Paraflex shock absorbers
- windingBidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- power ReserveApproximately 72 hours
- braceletOyster, three-piece solid links
- bracelet Material18 ct yellow gold
- claspFolding Oysterclasp with Easylink 5 mm comfort extension link
- dialIntense white
- detailsHighly legible Chromalight display with long-lasting blue luminescence
- certificationSuperlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
Intense white dial
A fixed inverted red triangle on the dial points to the chosen reference time – the time at home or at the traveller’s usual workplace – on the off-centre 24-hour disc. At a glance, this 24-hour display clearly distinguishes daytime hours from night-time hours in the other time zone. The dials now feature rectangular index hour markers and longer hands, as well as a Chromalight display with long-lasting luminescence, which enhances legibility.
A deep red rectangle in one of the 12 windows around the dial indicates the current month, a striking characteristic of the Saros annual calendar. This ingenious mechanism simplifies life for the wearer of the watch, who no longer needs to think about adjusting the date at the end of a 30-day month. The annual calendar displays the correct date through the year. Only one adjustment is needed – on 1 March (February having only 28 or 29 days). The date is connected to local time and automatically changes according to the traveller’s local time zone.
The Fluted Bezel
The Rolex fluted bezel is a mark of distinction. Originally, the fluting of the Oyster bezel had a functional purpose: it served to screw the bezel onto the case, helping to ensure the waterproofness of the watch. It was therefore identical to the fluting on the case back, which was also screwed onto the case for waterproofness, using specific Rolex tools. Over time, the fluting became an aesthetic element, a genuine Rolex signature feature. Today the fluted bezel is a mark of distinction, always in gold. The Sky-Dweller is equipped with a mechanism of interaction between the rotatable bezel, the winding crown and the movement: the Ring Command system, which allows the user to select the watch's functions one-by-one and to set them easily, quickly and securely.
18 ct yellow gold
By operating its own exclusive foundry, Rolex has the unrivalled ability to cast the highest quality 18 ct gold alloys. According to the proportion of silver, copper, platinum or palladium added, different types of 18 ct gold are obtained: yellow, pink or white. They are made with only the purest metals and meticulously inspected in an in-house laboratory with state-of-the-art equipment, before the gold is formed and shaped with the same painstaking attention to quality. Rolex's commitment to excellence begins at the source.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex production capacity and, at times, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Jewelers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers.
Nam Sawang is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Jewelers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.
With its two time zones and its annual calendar, the Sky-Dweller is an elegant and trusted com-panion for world travellers. The range has been updated with numerous enhancements proving that, for Rolex, excellence plays out even in the tiniest details.
Aesthetic embellishments are introduced with new versions joining the range. And, the watch sees technical evolutions with the introduction of a movement equipped with the latest advances in Rolex technology.