Rolex Milgauss Oyster, 40 mm, Oystersteel m116400gv-0002
- model CaseOyster, 40 mm, Oystersteel
- oyster ArchitectureMonobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- diameter40 mm
- winding CrownScrew-down, Twinlock double waterproofness system
- crystalGreen sapphire, scratch-resistant
- water ResistanceWaterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- movementPerpetual, mechanical , self-winding , with a magnetic shield to protect the movement
- calibre3131, Manufacture Rolex
- precision-2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- oscillatorParamagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring
- windingBidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- power ReserveApproximately 48 hours
- braceletOyster, flat three-piece links
- bracelet MaterialOystersteel
- claspFolding Oysterclasp with Easylink 5 mm comfort extension link
- detailsHighly legible Chromalight display with long-lasting blue luminescence
- certificationSuperlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
Green sapphire crystal
The green sapphire crystal is a unique watch crystal developed by Rolex, it is scratchproof, fade-proof and available exclusively on the Milgauss. Its light green shade, tinted throughout the entire crystal, turns nearly luminescent at the bevelled edges. The result of a secret process that required years of development to master and takes weeks to produce.
Green sapphire crystal marked a first in watchmaking when it was introduced on the Milgauss in 2007. Now this crystal is combined with an electric blue dial, an allusion to the emblematic lightning-bolt-shaped seconds hand.
Rolex uses Oystersteel for its steel watch cases. Specially developed by the brand, Oystersteel belongs to the 904L steel family, alloys most commonly used in high-technology and in the aerospace and chemical industries, where maximum resistance to corrosion is essential. Oystersteel is extremely resistant, offers an exceptional finish once polished and maintains its beauty even in the harshest environments.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex production capacity and, at times, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Jewelers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers.
Nam Sawang is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Jewelers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.
The Oyster Perpetual Milgauss is a pioneering anti-magnetic watch designed to meet the demands of engineers and scientists. Created in 1956, it can withstand magnetic fields of up to 1,000 gauss. Hence its name, “mille”, which is French for one thousand. The first watch of its kind, the Milgauss highlights the historic links between Rolex and scientific research.