Rolex Lady-Datejust Oyster, 28 mm, Oystersteel m279160-0006
- model CaseOyster, 28 mm, Oystersteel
- oyster ArchitectureMonobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- diameter28 mm
- winding CrownScrew-down, Twinlock double waterproofness system
- crystalScratch-resistant sapphire, Cyclops lens over the date
- water ResistanceWaterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- movementPerpetual, mechanical, self-winding
- calibre2236, Manufacture Rolex
- precision-2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- oscillatorSyloxi hairspring in silicon with patented geometry. High-performance Paraflex shock absorbers
- windingBidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- power ReserveApproximately 55 hours
- braceletOyster, three-piece solid links
- bracelet MaterialOystersteel
- claspFolding Oysterclasp with Easylink 5 mm comfort extension link
- detailsHighly legible Chromalight display with long-lasting blue luminescence
- certificationSuperlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
The sunray finish creates delicate light reflections on many dials in the Oyster Perpetual collection. It is obtained using masterful brushing techniques that create grooves running outwards from the centre of the dial. Light is diffused consistently along each engraving, creating a characteristic subtle glow that moves depending on the position of the wrist. Once the sunray finish has been completed, the dial colour is applied using Physical Vapour Deposition or electroplating. A light coat of varnish gives the dial its final look.
Rolex uses Oystersteel for its steel watch cases. Specially developed by the brand, Oystersteel belongs to the 904L steel family, alloys most commonly used in high-technology and in the aerospace and chemical industries, where maximum resistance to corrosion is essential. Oystersteel is extremely resistant, offers an exceptional finish once polished and maintains its beauty even in the harshest environments.
The Oyster bracelet
The Oyster bracelet is a perfect alchemy of form and function, aesthetics and technology, designed to be both robust and comfortable. It is equipped with an Oysterclasp and the Easylink comfort extension link, also exclusive to Rolex. This ingenious system allows the wearer to increase the bracelet length by approximately 5 mm, providing additional comfort in any circumstance.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex production capacity and, at times, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Jewelers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers.
Nam Sawang is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Jewelers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.
“A classic timepiece, designed for a lady.” This is how some may describe our Oyster Perpetual Lady Datejust. Maybe they’re right. Since the ear-ly 20th century, Rolex has designed and crafted watches suited for the wrists of every woman, with the same standard of excellence as all the models that have built its legend. So, if “classic” means always pursuing a higher standard, if it means perpetuating tradition while combining elegance with precision, grace with resistance, beauty with performance… then the Lady-Datejust is, indeed, a classic timepiece designed for a lady.