Rolex GMT-Master II Oyster, 40 mm, yellow gold m126718grnr-0001
- model CaseOyster, 40 mm, yellow gold
- oyster ArchitectureMonobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- diameter40 mm
- material18 ct yellow gold
- bezelBidirectional rotatable 24-hour graduated bezel. Two-colour grey and black Cerachrom insert in ceramic, moulded numerals and graduations
- winding CrownScrew-down, Triplock triple waterproofness system
- crystalScratch-resistant sapphire
- water ResistanceWaterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- movementPerpetual, mechanical, self-winding, GMT function
- calibre3285, Manufacture Rolex
- precision-2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- oscillatorParamagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring. High-performance Paraflex shock absorbers
- escapementChronergy with optimized energy efficiency
- windingBidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- power ReserveApproximately 70 hours
- braceletJubilee, five-piece links
- bracelet Material18 ct yellow gold
- claspFolding Oysterlock safety clasp with Easylink 5 mm comfort extension link
- detailsHighly legible Chromalight display with long-lasting blue luminescence
- certificationSuperlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
24-Hour Rotatable Bezel
This model features a black dial and a two-colour Cerachrom bezel insert in grey and black ceramic. In addition to conventional hour, minute and seconds hands, the GMT-Master II features an arrow-tipped hand, which circles the dial once every 24 hours, as well as a bidirectional rotatable 24-hour graduated bezel. The distinctively coloured 24-hour hand displays the “home” reference time in a first time zone which can be read on the graduations on the bezel. The traveller’s local time is easily set by “jumping” from hour to hour, thanks to an ingenious mechanism operated via the winding crown: the hour hand can be adjusted forwards or backwards independently of the minute and seconds hands. This allows travellers to adapt to their new time zone without affecting the precision of their timekeeping.
Like all Rolex Professional watches, the GMT-Master II offers exceptional legibility in all circumstances, and especially in the dark, thanks to its Chromalight display. The broad hands and hour markers in simple shapes – triangles, circles, rectangles – are filled with a luminescent material emitting a long-lasting glow.
18 ct yellow gold
By operating its own exclusive foundry, Rolex has the unrivalled ability to cast the highest quality 18 ct gold alloys. According to the proportion of silver, copper, platinum or palladium added, different types of 18 ct gold are obtained: yellow, pink or white. They are made with only the purest metals and meticulously inspected in an in-house laboratory with state-of-the-art equipment, before the gold is formed and shaped with the same painstaking attention to quality. Rolex's commitment to excellence begins at the source.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex production capacity and, at times, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Jewelers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers.
Nam Sawang is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Jewelers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.
HOW TO SET YOUR GMT-MASTER II
Allowing its wearer to track the progress of time in another time zone, the GMT-Master II high-lights our connection to the world. It is now avail-able in two new versions – 18 ct yellow gold and yellow Rolesor – with a Cerachrom bezel insert in grey and black ceramic, an entirely new colour combination.
Exemplary craftsmanship is borne out by the choice of materials and precision of the finishes, which come together to show the watch in its best light. The harmonious contrast between the gleaming gold of the Jubilee bracelet and the two-colour bezel with its dark, muted tones evokes the path of the sun and the alternation of day and night.