Rolex Explorer II Oyster, 42 mm, Oystersteel m226570-0001
- model CaseOyster, 42 mm, Oystersteel
- oyster ArchitectureMonobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- diameter42 mm
- bezelFixed, 24-hour graduated
- winding CrownScrew-down, Twinlock double waterproofness system
- crystalScratch-resistant sapphire, Cyclops lens over the date
- water ResistanceWaterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- movementPerpetual, mechanical, self-winding, GMT function
- calibre3285, Manufacture Rolex
- precision-2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- oscillatorParamagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring. High-performance Paraflex shock absorbers
- escapementChronergy with optimized energy efficiency
- windingBidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- power ReserveApproximately 70 hours
- braceletOyster, three-piece solid links
- bracelet MaterialOystersteel
- claspFolding Oysterlock safety clasp with Easylink 5 mm comfort extension link
- detailsHighly legible Chromalight display with long-lasting blue luminescence
- certificationSuperlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
The Explorer II is equipped with an additional 24-hour display; a dedicated hand circles the dial in 24 hours rather than the usual 12, pointing to a fixed bezel with 24 hour graduations. This function enables the wearer to distinguish the hours of the day from the hours of the night, an essential feature for those who venture into environments where darkness reigns supreme – such as in the depths of caves, or where the sun never sets – like the polar regions in summer.
The Explorer II features a date display, an additional orange 24-hour hand and a fixed bezel with 24-hour graduations, enabling day to be distinguished from night. It became the watch of choice for speleologists, volcanologists and polar explorers. Its hour markers and hands feature a highly-legible Chromalight display with long-lasting blue luminescence.
Rolex uses Oystersteel for its steel watch cases. Specially developed by the brand, Oystersteel belongs to the 904L steel family, alloys most commonly used in high-technology and in the aerospace and chemical industries, where maximum resistance to corrosion is essential. Oystersteel is extremely resistant, offers an exceptional finish once polished and maintains its beauty even in the harshest environments.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex production capacity and, at times, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Jewelers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers.
Nam Sawang is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Jewelers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.
HOW TO SET YOUR EXPLORER
The Explorer range is expanded with the arrival of a new 40 mm model. Offering enhanced legibil-ity, this timepiece carries all the qualities that have made the Explorer – one of the brand’s first tool-watches – a reference throughout the dec-ades. Simple, robust and corrosion resistant, the new Explorer 40 is crafted from Oystersteel, an alloy specific to Rolex.
The satin finishes on the middle case, bracelet and clasp, and the light reflections from the pol-ished flanks of the case are an invitation to look afresh at this iconic watch with its understated harmony.