Rolex Day-Date 40 Oyster, 40 mm, white gold and diamonds m228349rbr-0003
- model CaseOyster, 40 mm, white gold and diamonds
- oyster ArchitectureMonobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- diameter40 mm
- material18 ct white gold
- bezelSet with diamonds
- winding CrownScrew-down, Twinlock double waterproofness system
- crystalScratch-resistant sapphire, Cyclops lens over the date
- water ResistanceWaterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- movementPerpetual, mechanical, self-winding
- calibre3255, Manufacture Rolex
- precision-2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- oscillatorParamagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring. High-performance Paraflex shock absorbers
- escapementChronergy with optimized energy efficiency
- windingBidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- power ReserveApproximately 70 hours
- braceletPresident, semi-circular three-piece links
- bracelet Material18 ct white gold
- claspConcealed folding Crownclasp
- dialBright black set with diamonds
- gem Setting10 baguette-cut diamonds
- certificationSuperlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
Bright black dial
This dial features 10 baguette-cut diamonds. The sunray finish creates delicate light reflections on many dials in the Oyster Perpetual collection. It is obtained using masterful brushing techniques that create grooves running outwards from the centre of the dial. Light is diffused consistently along each engraving, creating a characteristic subtle glow that moves depending on the position of the wrist. Once the sunray finish has been completed, the dial colour is applied using Physical Vapour Deposition or electroplating. A light coat of varnish gives the dial its final look.
Gem-setters, like sculptors, finely carve the precious metal to hand-shape the seat in which each gemstone will be perfectly lodged. With the art and craft of a jeweller, the stone is placed and meticulously aligned with the others, then firmly secured in its gold or platinum setting. Besides the intrinsic quality of the stones, several other criteria contribute to the beauty of Rolex gem-setting: the precise alignment of the height of the gems, their orientation and position, the regularity, strength and proportions of the setting as well as the intricate finishing of the metalwork. A sparkling symphony to enhance the watch and enchant the wearer.
18 ct white gold
By operating its own exclusive foundry, Rolex has the unrivalled ability to cast the highest quality 18 ct gold alloys. According to the proportion of silver, copper, platinum or palladium added, different types of 18 ct gold are obtained: yellow, pink or white. They are made with only the purest metals and meticulously inspected in an in-house laboratory with state-of-the-art equipment, before the gold is formed and shaped with the same painstaking attention to quality. Rolex's commitment to excellence begins at the source.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex production capacity and, at times, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Jewelers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers.
Nam Sawang is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Jewelers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.
The new Oyster Perpetual Day-Date 36 welcomes dials made of decorative stone in shimmering tones that evoke the atmosphere of the Mediter-ranean coast. Green aventurine, carnelian and turquoise are paired with watches in 18 ct Everose, yellow and white gold respectively.
As expressions of Rolex’s dial-making expertise, the new Day-Date 36 watches are also testament to the brand’s perfect mastery of the gem-setting art. This union of exceptional stones, gems and precious metals emphasizes the distinction and elegance of this prestigious watch.