Rolex Day-Date 36 Oyster, 36 mm, platinum and diamonds m128396tbr-0003
- model CaseOyster, 36 mm, platinum and diamonds
- oyster ArchitectureMonobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- diameter36 mm
- bezelSet with diamonds
- winding CrownScrew-down, Twinlock double waterproofness system
- crystalScratch-resistant sapphire, Cyclops lens over the date
- water ResistanceWaterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- movementPerpetual, mechanical, self-winding
- calibre3255, Manufacture Rolex
- precision-2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- oscillatorParamagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring. High-performance Paraflex shock absorbers
- windingBidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- power ReserveApproximately 70 hours
- braceletPresident, semi-circular three-piece links
- bracelet MaterialPlatinum
- claspConcealed folding Crownclasp
- dialIce blue set with diamonds
- gem Setting10 baguette-cut diamonds
- certificationSuperlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
The ice-blue dial is the discreet and exclusive signature of a Rolex platinum watch. Rolex uses platinum, the noblest of metals, for the finest of watches. These exclusive dials can be found only on the Day-Date and the Cosmograph Daytona.
Gem-setters, like sculptors, finely carve the precious metal to hand-shape the seat in which each gemstone will be perfectly lodged. With the art and craft of a jeweller, the stone is placed and meticulously aligned with the others, then firmly secured in its gold or platinum setting. Besides the intrinsic quality of the stones, several other criteria contribute to the beauty of Rolex gem-setting: the precise alignment of the height of the gems, their orientation and position, the regularity, strength and proportions of the setting as well as the intricate finishing of the metalwork. A sparkling symphony to enhance the watch and enchant the wearer.
Rare and precious, platinum is striking for its silvery whiteness and vibrant luminosity. It is among the densest and heaviest metals in the world, distinguished by unique chemical and physical properties such as exceptional corrosion resistance. Paradoxically, it is also soft, elastic and highly malleable, which makes machining and polishing especially difficult, demanding an extremely high degree of skill. Rolex always uses 950 platinum, an alloy consisting of 950‰ (thousandths) platinum, painstakingly crafted in-house by the fine metalworkers at Rolex. The noblest of metals for the finest of watches.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex production capacity and, at times, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Jewelers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers.
Nam Sawang is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Jewelers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.
The Day-Date has always epitomized prestige and innovation. Exclusively made from precious metals, it was the first calendar wristwatch to indicate, in addition to the date, the day of the week spelt out in full in a window on the dial. Rolex is releasing the Oyster Perpetual Day-Date 40 in 950 platinum easily recognizable thanks to its ice-blue dial with a fluted bezel for the first time. A cornerstone of Rolex’s aesthetic heritage, this striking component, which is found only on some Classic models in the Oyster Perpetual collection and until now has only been made in 18 ct gold, now exists in the most prestigious metal available.