Rolex Day-Date 36 Oyster, 36 mm, yellow gold m128238-0008
- model CaseOyster, 36 mm, yellow gold
- oyster ArchitectureMonobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- diameter36 mm
- material18 ct yellow gold
- winding CrownScrew-down, Twinlock double waterproofness system
- crystalScratch-resistant sapphire, Cyclops lens over the date
- water ResistanceWaterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- movementPerpetual, mechanical, self-winding
- calibre3255, Manufacture Rolex
- precision-2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- oscillatorParamagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring. High-performance Paraflex shock absorbers
- windingBidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- power ReserveApproximately 70 hours
- braceletPresident, semi-circular three-piece links
- bracelet Material18 ct yellow gold
- claspConcealed folding Crownclasp
- gem SettingDiamonds in 18 ct gold settings and baguette-cut diamonds at 6 and 9 o'clock
- certificationSuperlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
The dial is the distinctive face of a Rolex watch, the feature most responsible for its identity and readability. Characterised by hour markers fashioned from gold to prevent tarnishing, every Rolex dial is designed and manufactured in-house, largely by hand to ensure perfection.
The Fluted Bezel
The Rolex fluted bezel is a mark of distinction. Originally, the fluting of the Oyster bezel had a functional purpose: it served to screw the bezel onto the case helping to ensure the waterproofness of the watch. It was therefore identical to the fluting on the case back, which was also screwed onto the case for waterproofness, using specific Rolex tools. Over time, the fluting became an aesthetic element, a genuine Rolex signature feature. Today the fluted bezel is a mark of distinction, in gold on this Day-Date 36.
18 ct yellow gold
By operating its own exclusive foundry, Rolex has the unrivalled ability to cast the highest quality 18 ct gold alloys. According to the proportion of silver, copper, platinum or palladium added, different types of 18 ct gold are obtained: yellow, pink or white. They are made with only the purest metals and meticulously inspected in an in-house laboratory with state-of-the-art equipment, before the gold is formed and shaped with the same painstaking attention to quality. Rolex's commitment to excellence begins at the source.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex production capacity and, at times, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Jewelers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers.
Nam Sawang is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Jewelers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.
The Day-Date has always epitomized prestige and innovation. Exclusively made from precious metals, it was the first calendar wristwatch to indicate, in addition to the date, the day of the week spelt out in full in a window on the dial. Rolex is releasing the Oyster Perpetual Day-Date 40 in 950 platinum easily recognizable thanks to its ice-blue dial with a fluted bezel for the first time. A cornerstone of Rolex’s aesthetic heritage, this striking component, which is found only on some Classic models in the Oyster Perpetual collection and until now has only been made in 18 ct gold, now exists in the most prestigious metal available.