Rolex Datejust 31 Oyster, 31 mm, Oystersteel and yellow gold m278243-0002
- model CaseOyster, 31 mm, Oystersteel and yellow gold
- oyster ArchitectureMonobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- diameter31 mm
- materialYellow Rolesor - combination of Oystersteel and yellow gold
- winding CrownScrew-down, Twinlock double waterproofness system
- crystalScratch-resistant sapphire, Cyclops lens over the date
- water ResistanceWaterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- movementPerpetual, mechanical, self-winding
- calibre2236, Manufacture Rolex
- precision-2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- oscillatorSyloxi hairspring in silicon with patented geometry. High-performance Paraflex shock absorbers
- windingBidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- power ReserveApproximately 55 hours
- braceletJubilee, five-piece links
- bracelet MaterialYellow Rolesor - combination of Oystersteel and yellow gold
- claspConcealed folding Crownclasp
- certificationSuperlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
Lacquer combines almost limitless freedom of colour with intensity and a smooth finish. The lacquering technique consists of successively depositing six thin layers of lacquer on a brass base plate. A colourless varnish is then applied to give the colour or shade all of its depth and shine. Once the varnish is dry, the surface of the dial is polished to magnify the colour; the dial is then ready to be pad printed and receive its appliques.
Gold is coveted for its lustre and nobility. Steel reinforces strength and reliability. Together, they harmoniously combine the best of their properties. A true Rolex signature, Rolesor has featured on Rolex models since the early 1930s, and was trademarked as a name in 1933. It is one of the prominent pillars of the Oyster collection.
The Jubilee bracelet
The design, development and production of Rolex bracelets and clasps, as well as the stringent tests they face, involve advanced high technology. And, as with all the components of the watch, aesthetic controls by the human eye guarantee impeccable beauty. The Jubilee, a supple and comfortable five-piece link metal bracelet, was designed and made especially for the launch of the Oyster Perpetual Datejust in 1945.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex production capacity and, at times, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Jewelers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers.
Nam Sawang is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Jewelers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.