Rolex Cosmograph Daytona Oyster, 40 mm, platinum m126506-0002
- model CaseOyster, 40 mm, platinum
- oyster ArchitectureMonobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- diameter40 mm
- bezelChestnut brown monobloc Cerachrom bezel in ceramic with moulded numerals and graduations
- winding CrownScrew-down, Triplock triple waterproofness system
- crystalScratch-resistant sapphire
- water ResistanceWaterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- movementPerpetual, mechanical chronograph, self-winding
- calibre4131, manufacture Rolex
- precision-2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- oscillatorParamagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring. High-performance Paraflex shock absorbers
- windingBidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- power ReserveApproximately 72 hours
- braceletOyster, three-piece solid links
- bracelet MaterialPlatinum
- claspFolding Oysterlock safety clasp with Easylink 5 mm comfort extension link
- dialIce blue set with diamonds
- detailsHighly legible Chromalight display with long-lasting blue luminescence
- gem Setting8 baguette-cut diamond-set hour markers, 3 diamond-set hour markers at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock.
- certificationSuperlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
This model features an ice-blue, diamond-set dial with snailed counters, gold applique hour markers and hands with a Chromalight display, a highly-legible luminescent material. The central sweep seconds hand allows an accurate reading of 1/8 second, while the two counters on the dial display the lapsed time in hours and minutes. Drivers can accurately map out their track times and tactics without fail.
The tachymetric scale
A key part of the model’s identity is the bezel moulded with a tachymetric scale for measuring average speeds of up to 400 miles or kilometres per hour. The monobloc Cerachrom bezel in high-tech ceramic offers a number of advantages: it is corrosion resistant, virtually scratchproof and the colour is unaffected by UV rays. This extremely durable bezel also offers an exceptionally legible tachymetric scale, thanks to the deposition of a thin layer of platinum in the numerals and graduations via a PVD (Physical Vapour Deposition) process. The monobloc Cerachrom bezel is made in a single piece and holds the crystal firmly in place on the middle case, ensuring waterproofness.
Rare and precious, platinum is striking for its silvery whiteness and vibrant luminosity. It is among the densest and heaviest metals in the world, distinguished by unique chemical and physical properties such as exceptional corrosion resistance. Paradoxically, it is also soft, elastic and highly malleable, which makes machining and polishing especially difficult, demanding an extremely high degree of skill. Rolex always uses 950 platinum, an alloy consisting of 950‰ (thousandths) platinum, painstakingly crafted in-house by the fine metalworkers at Rolex. The noblest of metals for the finest of watches.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex production capacity and, at times, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Jewelers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers.
Nam Sawang is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Jewelers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.
The emblematic style and superlative perfor-mance of the Oyster Perpetual Cosmo-graph Daytona have cemented its iconic status well beyond the motor racing circuits.
To mark the 60th anniversary of the watch, Rolex ensures the legend lives on by revisiting the entire range, through high-precision reworking that con-cerns the case and face as well as the movement. The numerous adjustments and evolutions are a reminder that the pursuit of excellence is a race with no finish line.