Rolex Cosmograph Daytona Oyster, 40 mm, platinum m116506-0001
- model CaseOyster, 40 mm, platinum
- oyster ArchitectureMonobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- diameter40 mm
- bezelChestnut brown monobloc Cerachrom in ceramic with moulded numerals and graduations
- winding CrownScrew-down, Triplock triple waterproofness system
- crystalScratch-resistant sapphire
- water ResistanceWaterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- movementPerpetual, mechanical chronograph, self-winding
- calibre4130, Manufacture Rolex
- precision-2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- oscillatorParamagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring
- windingBidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- power ReserveApproximately 72 hours
- braceletOyster, flat three-piece links
- bracelet MaterialPlatinum
- claspFolding Oysterlock safety clasp with Easylink 5 mm comfort extension link
- dialIce blue
- detailsDial with snailed small counters
- certificationSuperlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
The ice-blue dial is the discreet and exclusive signature of a Rolex platinum watch. Rolex uses platinum, the noblest of metals, for the finest of watches. These exclusive dials can be found only on the Day-Date and the Cosmograph Daytona.
The tachymetric scale
A key part of the model’s identity is the bezel moulded with a tachymetric scale for measuring average speeds of up to 400 miles or kilometres per hour. The monobloc Cerachrom bezel in high-tech ceramic offers a number of advantages: it is corrosion resistant, virtually scratchproof and the colour is unaffected by UV rays. This extremely durable bezel also offers an exceptionally legible tachymetric scale, thanks to the deposition of a thin layer of platinum in the numerals and graduation via a PVD (Physical Vapour Deposition) process. The monobloc Cerachrom bezel is made in a single piece and holds the crystal firmly in place on the middle case, ensuring waterproofness.
Rare and precious, platinum is striking for its silvery whiteness and vibrant luminosity. It is among the densest and heaviest metals in the world, distinguished by unique chemical and physical properties such as exceptional corrosion resistance. Paradoxically, it is also soft, elastic and highly malleable, which makes machining and polishing especially difficult, demanding an extremely high degree of skill. Rolex always uses 950 platinum, an alloy consisting of 950‰ (thousandths) platinum, painstakingly crafted in-house by the fine metalworkers at Rolex. The noblest of metals for the finest of watches.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex production capacity and, at times, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Jewelers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers.
Nam Sawang is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Jewelers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.
HOW TO SET YOUR COSMOGRAPH DAYTONA
Synonymous with excellence and reliability, Rolex watches are designed for everyday wear, and depending on the model, perfectly suited for a wide range of sports and other activities. Built to last, these timepieces are characterized by their distinctive and timeless esthetics. The Oyster Perpetual Cosmograph Daytona is designed for those with a passion for driving and speed. Learn more about its features and how to set the time and use the chronograph functions by watching the video.
Launched in 1963, the Oyster Perpetual Cosmograph Daytona was designed to meet the needs of professional racing drivers. This year, Rolex presents exclusive versions of its Cosmograph Daytona, the benchmark for those with a passion for driving and speed.They feature a dial made from metallic meteorite – a rare natural material from outer space – with black chronograph counters at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock.