Rolex Cosmograph Daytona Oyster, 40 mm, Everose gold m116505-0017
- model CaseOyster, 40 mm, Everose gold
- oyster ArchitectureMonobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- diameter40 mm
- material18 ct Everose gold
- bezelFixed, with engraved tachymetric scale, in 18 ct Everose gold
- winding CrownScrew-down, Triplock triple waterproofness system
- crystalScratch-resistant sapphire
- water ResistanceWaterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- movementPerpetual, mechanical chronograph, self-winding
- calibre4130, Manufacture Rolex
- precision-2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- oscillatorParamagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring
- windingBidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- power ReserveApproximately 72 hours
- braceletOyster, flat three-piece links
- bracelet Material18 ct Everose gold
- claspFolding Oysterlock safety clasp with Easylink 5 mm comfort extension link
- dialSundust set with diamonds
- detailsDial with snailed small counters
- gem Setting8 baguette-cut diamond-set hour markers, 3 diamond-set hour markers at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock.
- certificationSuperlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
The sunray finish creates delicate light reflections on many dials in the Oyster Perpetual collection. It is obtained using masterful brushing techniques that create grooves running outwards from the centre of the dial. Light is diffused consistently along each engraving, creating a characteristic subtle glow that moves depending on the position of the wrist. Once the sunray finish has been completed, the dial colour is applied using Physical Vapour Deposition or electroplating. A light coat of varnish gives the dial its final look.
The tachymetric scale
With its tachymetric scale, its three counters and its pushers, the Cosmograph Daytona was designed to be the ultimate timing tool for endurance racing drivers. The bezel features a tachymetric scale to read average speed over a given distance based on elapsed time. This scale offers optimal legibility, making the Cosmograph Daytona the ideal instrument for measuring speeds up to 400 units per hour, expressed in kilometres or miles.
18 ct Everose gold
To preserve the beauty of its pink gold watches, Rolex created and patented an exclusive 18 ct pink gold alloy cast in its own foundry: Everose gold. Introduced in 2005, 18 ct Everose is used on all Rolex Oyster models in pink gold.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex production capacity and, at times, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Jewelers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers.
Nam Sawang is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Jewelers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.
HOW TO SET YOUR COSMOGRAPH DAYTONA
Synonymous with excellence and reliability, Rolex watches are designed for everyday wear, and depending on the model, perfectly suited for a wide range of sports and other activities. Built to last, these timepieces are characterized by their distinctive and timeless esthetics. The Oyster Perpetual Cosmograph Daytona is designed for those with a passion for driving and speed. Learn more about its features and how to set the time and use the chronograph functions by watching the video.
Launched in 1963, the Oyster Perpetual Cosmograph Daytona was designed to meet the needs of professional racing drivers. This year, Rolex presents exclusive versions of its Cosmograph Daytona, the benchmark for those with a passion for driving and speed.They feature a dial made from metallic meteorite – a rare natural material from outer space – with black chronograph counters at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock.