Rolex Cosmograph Daytona Oyster, 40 mm, Oystersteel and yellow gold m116503-0004
- model CaseOyster, 40 mm, Oystersteel and yellow gold
- oyster ArchitectureMonobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- diameter40 mm
- materialYellow Rolesor - combination of Oystersteel and yellow gold
- bezelFixed, with engraved tachymetric scale, in yellow gold
- winding CrownScrew-down, Triplock triple waterproofness system
- crystalScratch-resistant sapphire
- water ResistanceWaterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- movementPerpetual, mechanical chronograph, self-winding
- calibre4130, Manufacture Rolex
- precision-2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- oscillatorParamagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring
- windingBidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- power ReserveApproximately 72 hours
- braceletOyster, flat three-piece links
- bracelet MaterialYellow Rolesor - combination of Oystersteel and yellow gold
- claspFolding Oysterlock safety clasp with Easylink 5 mm comfort extension link
- detailsDial with snailed small counters
- certificationSuperlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
The tachymetric scale
With its tachymetric scale, its three counters and its pushers, the Cosmograph Daytona was designed to be the ultimate timing tool for endurance racing drivers. The bezel features a tachymetric scale to read average speed over a given distance based on elapsed time. This scale offers optimal legibility, making the Cosmograph Daytona the ideal instrument for measuring speeds up to 400 units per hour, expressed in kilometres or miles.
This model features a black dial with snailed counters, gold applique hour markers and hands with a Chromalight display, a highly-legible luminescent material. The central sweep seconds hand allows an accurate reading of 1/8 second, while the two counters on the dial display the lapsed time in hours and minutes. Drivers can accurately map out their track times and tactics without fail.
Gold is coveted for its lustre and nobility. Steel reinforces strength and reliability. Together, they harmoniously combine the best of their properties. A true Rolex signature, Rolesor has featured on Rolex models since the early 1930s, and was trademarked as a name in 1933. It is one of the prominent pillars of the Oyster collection.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex production capacity and, at times, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Jewelers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers.
Nam Sawang is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Jewelers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.
HOW TO SET YOUR COSMOGRAPH DAYTONA
Synonymous with excellence and reliability, Rolex watches are designed for everyday wear, and depending on the model, perfectly suited for a wide range of sports and other activities. Built to last, these timepieces are characterized by their distinctive and timeless esthetics. The Oyster Perpetual Cosmograph Daytona is designed for those with a passion for driving and speed. Learn more about its features and how to set the time and use the chronograph functions by watching the video.
Launched in 1963, the Oyster Perpetual Cosmograph Daytona was designed to meet the needs of professional racing drivers. This year, Rolex presents exclusive versions of its Cosmograph Daytona, the benchmark for those with a passion for driving and speed.They feature a dial made from metallic meteorite – a rare natural material from outer space – with black chronograph counters at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock.